Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Love Letter to My Mom






Dear Mom,

I praise God that He has given me and my siblings the best kind of mother a person could ever have.  You have always been my inspiration and I cannot imagine going through all the good and bad times without you. 

Whenever I’m sick, you would do everything to make me feel better. Even if that means rushing to the drugstore in your pajamas, feeding me with the use of a medicine dropper or stocking up our pantry with cans of SPAM.

If I have a competition in school, a stage performance or a swim meet, you would make sure that I would be able to do my best.  Even if that means sitting through hours of training, spending thousands of money on equipment, driving the whole day or creating last minute costumes in the wee hours of the morning.

When I was so tired and depressed because of my work, you were always there to listen to me, to offer words of encouragement and to pray for me. 

There are so many more things I can think of to describe you as the best mom (ever) but I think Proverbs 31:10,25-31 says it all:


10 A wife of noble character who can find? 
She is worth far more than rubies
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom, 
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household 
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; 
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

You always tell me and my siblings that you are our worst critic but our biggest fan.  I want you to know that WE are also YOUR biggest and die-hard fans.

Happy birthday, Mommy!

Love,
Icka

No comments: